Written by ORCA
Manufacturer: OTB Boots
The OTB S.A.R. (Search and Rescue) Boots are from the OTB Tactical Water Footwear line. Just picked these up on sale direct from OTB for $39.95 plus shipping.
First impression are these are very comfortable. Multiple insert systems allows for boots to accommodate thick socks or neoprene booties to bare feet. Will have water usage data soon.
The ultimate maritime tactical boot that is great for any operation in or around the water. The SAR will be your boot of choice due to its superior ankle support, fit, and drainage features.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Tactical Rubber and Technology for superior silent traction on both wet and dry surfaces. All OTB sole units are lugged and razor siped to help facilitate water dispersion.
- Perforated lugged jungle sole unit, allows for instant water drainage.
- Recessed arch on the outsole helps identify center of gravity when climbing ladder rungs.
- Ballistic mesh placed between the outsole and upper prevents small stones and debris from entering the boot, yet still allows for water to drain freely.
- Rubber reinforced toe and heel help aid in climbing maneuvers.
- High abrasion TPU upper material resists scuffs far outlasting conventional leather. The material is treated with a DWR (durable water repellant) having minimal water absorption characteristics.
- Mesh ports throughout the boot allows for water drainage and breathability resulting in quick dry comfort for increased foot health.
- Patented off-set molded ankle support does not interfere with the ankle bones, yet provides unmatched lightweight ankle support especially when carrying heavy loads.
- Reticulated foam used for all upper padding will not absorb water under any circumstances.
- Mesh tongue pocket holds tied laces in place preventing snags on out-croppings.
- Sea/Air/Land - SEAL footbed aids in water drainage as well as breathability for unsurpassed foot health in a wide variety of conditions. The SEAL foot bed has a patented removable shank that allows the user to customize the fit for any condition wet or dry.
A very in depth review of the entire OTB line from our pals Military Morons: http://www.militarymorons.com/equipment/footwear2.html#otb
Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 February 2010 20:03